Take A Second To Think...


Take a second to think...

...sometimes you need to take a second to think// Sit back, close your eyes like you're taking a second to blink// Let the words wet your pallet, like you're taking a second to drink// Wait a moment...in a second you'll think...

...what if we never met that special night  both bored on the net//we decided to chat// decided to see what was next// started to talk on the phone I remember the first time I heard your voice// Back then you were one of many, so your identity was lost// But you kept calling and we kept on talking// I knew you were something special, so I stopped all the stalling// You decided to come visit, didn't think you would make the trip// Surprised when I walked out the door, saw you hopping out of your whip// Sexy as hell the way those jeans were fitting your hips// A true beauty from your hair, to the gloss on your lips// We chilled and had fun, but you were gone in a few hours 2 days later, you came back in a few hours

Sometimes you need to take a second to think// Sit back, close your eyes, like you're taking a second to blink/ Let these words wet your pallet, like you're taking a second to drink// Wait a moment...and take another second to think...

...about how my hands felt on your back caressing your skin// Running my lips across your lips, neck, cheeks, and your chin// In my mind thinking, I can't believe I'm getting this blessing again// The luckiest man in the world is like "I got nothing on him"// But these days are gone//The distance between us is long// But through our conversations and love, the memories live on// We've had our ups and downs, I mean the best of us do// I'm the only man for you, not worried about the rest of them dudes// The females down here don't have to be detectives to get a clue// They're wasting their time, my heart and soul belongs to you// Now it took me a minute to realize that all I wanted was you/// But it only took my heart a second to know, I love you// Now take a second to think, are you feeling me too?// And if it took any longer then a second...take two

Sometimes you need to take a second to think// Sit back, close your eyes, like you're taking a second to blink// Let these words touch your soul, like we're taking a second to link// Wait a moment...and take another second to think.

-Shotime aka Randy Martin Penny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pull Up

The Balance of Relationships: A Male Perspective

#JustSaying Podcast